When choosing a wedding venue, most brides think of celebrating in style by going straight from the church to a hotel or banquet hall by car or limousine. This is the traditional wedding venue of choice, but it certainly isn't the only choice for romantic festivities.
1. Private golf clubs are becoming more popular for couples these days as more and more clubs are opening up their facilities to even those who aren't members. These facilities offer all the advantages of a fine restaurant and almost always have a fine view of the golf course as well. Add the perks of a wait staff who are well-seasoned and the opportunity for gorgeous photo opportunities outdoors and you have a great package.
2. Barns and Other Outdoor Buildings in rural areas can be surprising beautiful locations. These hidden treasures can be wonderfully accommodating because of their sheer size and out-of-the-way locations. Many bed and breakfast establishments these days also have renovated barns on their property that have been renovated for functions such as receptions. They have will have wooden dance floors, elaborate sound systems, and heating systems installed. The rustic high-beamed ceilings can be enhanced with fairy lights at night for a touch of romance, and the upper doors opened to let starlight in on summer evenings.
3. Paddle-Wheelers or Day Cruisers can provide everything from the wedding itself to the dinner and dancing of the reception in one package price. Think how much your guests would enjoy a cruise down a local river, watching the scenery flow by while you and your fiancé exchange vows on deck. Then everyone enjoys a leisurely dinner and heads aft later for dancing to the music of a live band. These wedding packages are usually all-inclusive, saving you the trouble of shopping around for prices for catering, music, etc.
4. Local Wineries provide charm and a unique atmosphere to your wedding day. Call around and inquire about having your wedding in the vineyard. Afterward, host a wine-tasting reception and give favors with a wine theme to your guests. Many small to medium-sized wineries can also offer wedding venues in conjunction with local specialty food producers (cheeses, chocolates, etc.) in order to create a wedding day with truly local flair for you.
5. Local attractions such as museums, historic landmarks, etc. are all ways to put a personal stamp on your special day. Are you a local history buff? If you've been volunteering at one of the local historical societies, they may be willing to allow you to hold a small wedding and/or reception in a historical home or house museum. If there is an unusual landmark such as a fort or stockade, consider it for a charming rustic wedding.
6. Natural vistas abound with possibilities, depending on where you live. Have you considered getting married in a national park near that gorgeous waterfall where you first went camping with your fiancé? What about in the basin of dormant volcano at Volcano National Park in Hawaii? Nothing could be more dramatic! (Always get permission for any wedding in a National Park!) In the New England states, autumn weddings are gorgeous against a back-drop of changing leaves in the mountains, so plan an outdoor wedding. Wedding venues abound that feature outdoor catering under tents that allow for views of the hills with their brilliant foliage.
7. Destination Weddings - for Full-Tilt Luxury. Finally, consider fulfilling your ultimate travel fantasy by taking not only your soon-to-be spouse, but all of your friends on an incredible journey by having a destination wedding. This wedding venue has become more and more popular in recent years, and can turn your wedding day into an exotic weekend-long retreat for you and your friends. No location is off limits - Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, Africa. If you love to travel and want something truly unusual to make your wedding day memorable, a destination wedding is one way to make it happen.
CLICK HERE & GRAB WITH BOTH HANDS Your 273 Page Book To Planning The Perfect Wedding - No Catch - No Hassle - Simply Click For Your Secret To A Perfect Wedding
How To Organise The Perfect Wedding Including Children Part I
How To Organise The Perfect Wedding Including Children Part II
How To Organise The Perfect Wedding Including Children - Part III
Unique Planning Guide For Destination Weddings
Win A Luxury Scottish Wedding